Being able to bring your own lunch to work means being prepared and planning ahead. This has not been easy for me at all since I started working full time in January. The temptation of just going to the Cafeteria every day for lunch has been huge, since it would just be so easy to let others do the work. Sadly most of the meals where I work are processed ready-to-eat products that only taste well with flavor enhancers. Even after two weeks I already gained some weight and my stomach started hurting.
So I decided to bring my own lunch from that time on. A lot of times I bring lunch bowls with quinoa or bulgur, salad and lots of vegetables, but I need to switch it up from time to time. When reading the newspaper I stumbled over a book with tons of healthy recipes from Hannah Frey that are sugarfree and I bought it instantly at the bookstore. I found this delicious casserole recipe in there and just needed to share it with you. (Check out her website for some more healthy, sugarfree food inspiration.)
What you need
- 100g Quinoa
- 200ml Vegetable Stock
- 250g Tomatoes
- 200g (Sour) Cream
- 125g Mozzarella
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- Salad for the side
How to prepare the Casserole
- Bring vegetable broth to a boil and add the Quninoa. Cook with moderate heat and stir occasionally.
- Cut Tomatoes and garlic. Mix (in a blender) with (sour) cream and salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Cut the basil and the Mozzarella in thin slices.
- Take a casserole dish and grease with some oil. Mix Quinoa with tomatosauce and basil, put it into the casserole and put the Mozzarella slices on top. Put in oven for 25-30mins.
- Prepare a salad of your choice.
Hope you like it and let us know in the comments, what you think. 😉