It is time for some office lunch inspiration again. We have been pretty lazy with pre-cooking the last few weeks since the weather was so nice outside and we barely spent an evening at home. However, we aim to eat healthier again (hello bikini season) so Kessy went to the market to buy some fresh spinach in order to make this delicious, super easy frittata.
Like the quiche and the casserole recipe it is prepared easily and tastes good both hot and cold. I got the idea for my first frittata from Jamie Olivers “Cook Clever with Jamie” and have been in (food)love with it since. You can vary the ingredients well. For example, I sometimes add sweet potatoes or I also love it with leek, ham and peas. Have fun varying and enjoy.
What you need
- 6 eggs
- Lots of spinach (I mostly take a large bag from the market)
- 250 g Feta cheese
- 100 g Parmesan
- 1 onion
- 3-5 gloves garlic
- Parsley (optional)
How to prepare frittata
- Cut the onion, fry it in some oil
Cut spinach into small stripes and add to the onions. Add minced garlic as well.
- Mix eggs and add 2/3 of the feta cheese and a handful of parmesan.
Add salt and muscat.
- Add the spinach mix to the eggs
- Give the mix in the same pan as used before
- Spread the rest of the cheese on top
- Put the frittata in the oven for 20-30 min and 180°C
- Add the parsley on top when it’s finished